SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This secure link ensures that all data transferred remains private. Millions of websites use SSL encryption every day to secure connections and keep their customer’s data safe from monitoring and tampering.
The following manual helps you install free SSL on your Whitelabel Start Hotspot account.
1. Open your Cloudflare account https://www.cloudflare.com/
2. Add and configure a website that will be used as your Whitelabel portal. For this example, we will use wifihotspot.io
3. Cloudflare will give you nameservers to update in registar where you purchased your domain, for example:
4. Once updated, all your traffic will go through Cloudflare.
5. Configure DNS records as on image.
Make sure that A record for the .domain is redirected to 18.104.22.168 and Proxied (important). Proxied setting will allow SSL verification.
6. Configure the rest of the settings in SSL tab.
7. You can refresh your browser and get your domain secured with Universal SSL certificate provided by Cloudflare.